• If you are driven to be a part of our talented and dedicated team, see the employment opportunities listed below!.Apply in person, online, or print application. Applications and resumes can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Northwoods Inc. of Wisconsin
Attn: Human Resources
N6510 US Hwy. 51
PO Box 357
Portage, WI 53901
Please note: Resumes will only be reviewed if accompanied by a completed application.
If you prefer to submit a written application, click here to download the pdf
Once done click here to upload your application and resume.
Current Job Openings
Case Manager/Placement Specialist Read More
Position Reports to: Director of Rehabilitation Programs
Positions Supervised: None
The case manager is responsible for ensuring the provision and effective sequencing of necessary services to assigned clients, demonstrating belief in the rehabilitation and habilitation philosophy, and belief in the dignity of every individual. Placement duties include working with funding agencies such as DVR on placement opportunities for clients, and assisting staff working on community job development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Northwoods Personnel Policy Manual, and all other published policies and procedures.
- Treat co-workers, staff, and clients with respect and dignity at all times.
- Prepare and implement a realistic, individualized written rehabilitation plan (IWRP) for each assigned client based upon information supplied through referral source, and/or information existing in the current case file, progress gathered during services, client goals. The case manager should ensure that the client receives the services necessary to meet the objectives set forth in the rehabilitation plan, whether those services are provided by the agency or by some other agency in the community.
- Develop and implement behavior change programs to assist the client to become more socially and/or vocationally appropriate
- Cooperate with production staff in training client workers on work floor tasks, setting-up work stations, maintaining work quality standards, and enforcing work floor rules.
- Provide individualized informal counseling and guidance to assigned clients as needed.
- Periodically assess and record client progress with respect to client’s rehabilitation plan, through a review of that plan and on-going case notes.
- Communicate the individualized rehabilitation plan to the client, their family, guardian, and/or care giver, agency staff, and other agency staff involved with client.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with co-workers, clients and their families, funding source personnel, other agency staff, and the general public.
- Assist the client to reach their maximum potential for independence through participation in agency run programs or support them through services provided by other agencies.
- Plan and conduct conferences and staffings.
- Prepare and maintain current, accurate case files from admission of the client through discharge and follow-up.
- Maintain communication with your supervisor to insure s/he is aware of all important concerns or issues with assigned clients.
- Complete all required paperwork (plans, case notes, reports, etc.) with high quality and to meet established deadlines.
- Transport clients to meetings as necessary.
- Abide by all policies in the Personnel Policy Manual, and follow all other policy and/or procedural guidelines provided by the company (orally or in writing) by your department supervisor or any member of Northwoods’ management.
- Treat all clients, other employees, and guests with courtesy, dignity, and respect at all times.
- Work as a productive and constructive team member in order to maintain a positive working environment, helping less skilled associates and colleagues, and celebrating the accomplishments and achievements of others.
- Demonstrate reliable attendance at work, arriving on time, well rested, sober, and capable of performing all job tasks.
- Take positive action to solve problems, or consult with supervisors for guidance when issues arise.
- Improve work processes that do not have specific directions.
- Meet minimum standards for quantity and quality of work.
- Perform meaningful work during downtime.
- Follow established rules, procedures, and rehabilitation plans designed for working with Northwoods clients.
- While following established procedures, make suggestions for changes to maintain and improve quality, cost and service to customers or clients.
- Successfully complete all required training.
- Seek to continuously improve in your job performance.
- Understand and contribute to the overall productivity of his/her department.
- Support changes which result in continuous improvement of services or programs.
- Accept responsibility for his/her contributions to group, department, and team performance overall.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude in approaching the job.
- Actively participate in group, program, department, or team meetings.
- Work to identify and correct unsafe working conditions by reporting issues to management for correction.
- Receive coaching and feedback in a positive manner, and follow all directions given for making corrections or improving personal performance.
- Work to maintain Northwoods’ positive reputation, while on and off the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation, Psychology, Human Services, Social Work, or other related field.
- Preference given to persons with experience in working with persons who are developmentally disabled, chronically mentally ill, physically disabled, traumatic brain injured, or other disabling conditions.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license, a safe driving record, and an insured, reliable personal vehicle to use in providing services
- Pass an extensive annual background and drivers check
- Basic understanding of Rehabilitation Department functions.
- Knowledge of all related computer functions.
- Understanding of Rehabilitation reporting and record keeping requirements.
- At least one year of related experience preferred.
- A genuine interest in working with people with disabilities
- A general liking for working with people
- Good emotional control and stability
- Personal patience and tact
- Good time management skills
- Excellent ability in establishing work priorities
- Well organized.
- Accurate and attentive to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication and public relations skills.
- Basic computer application skills.
- Ability to assist and support others.
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Ability to work independently with minimal daily supervision.
- Able to operate telephone, copier, Fax, and other basic business machines.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Lifting: 20 lbs. occasionally to 10 lbs. frequently.
- Talking: Ability to speak English clearly, especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information from staff and clients.
- Visual: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to maintain supervision of clients and to do normal office work.
- Noise: Ability to tolerate noisy activities.
- Physical strength: Daily work most of the time that includes a combination of standing, walking, and sitting while working on case notes or reports.
- General Physical functioning: Ability to physically interact with the clients as necessary
- Repetitive motions: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- None: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions, as in a typical office
- Shared office without window.
- A combination of sitting, walking, and standing most of the day.
- Stooping, bending and kneeling infrequently.
- Pushing and pulling infrequently.
- Reaching above shoulders infrequently.
- Indoor/Outdoor, Cold/Heat, Wet/Humid: Ability to tolerate inside conditions from daily work.
- Occasionally driving clients in personal or company vehicle
- Use of company property [keys, cell phone, etc.] which the employee will return to the company upon termination of employment.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and involved instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
- Mathematics Ability: Ability to perform very basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing two-digit numbers; to perform the four basic arithmetic operations with money
- Language Ability: Ability to read at a medium rate; define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning, spelling and pronunciation. Ability to write complex sentences; using normal word order with present and past tenses; using a good vocabulary. Ability to communicate in complex sentences; using normal word order with present and past tenses; using a good vocabulary.
No overnight travel required.
Northwoods Inc. of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Equal employment opportunity has and continues to be both policy and practice. Our policy of equal opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote, and base all other employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Minorities, women, vets and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.